GLGA News: Legislative Win for GLGA Members in Illinois!
House Overrides Governor’s Veto to Finally Reinstate Sales Tax Exemption
July 6, 2017 – After a hard fought legislative session, the Graphic Arts sales tax exemption has finally been restored! The credit is now PERMANENT and exempt from automatic sunset laws. Due to our efforts in Springfield the Graphic Arts sales tax exemption became part of the Manufacturing Machinery & Equipment exemption effective July 1, 2017. This is a HUGE win for all GLGA members.
The law now allows a permanent sales tax exemption for graphic arts and printing equipment, which at a MINIMUM is equal to $6,254 for every $100,000 spent on covered equipment.
- Sustainability – Compliancy and certification options to keep your company Green.
- Listserv Exchange – Seek knowledge and share information with your peers throughout the industry.
- PrintAccess – expand your sales through this database of print services.
- Best Business Practices – Standards in the industry.
- Printers 401K Program – offered exclusively to members. Saves on administrative costs and duties.
- Collection Services – focus on what you do best not chasing down money.
- Buying Power Programs – Discounts to help manage your bottom line.
- Publications – GLGA members receive GLGA’s electronic newsletter, Currents, and monthly print magazine Graphics Journal as well as complimentary issues of PIA’s The Magazine and regular e-newsletters from national.