21 Ways to Maximize Your GLGA Membership
GLGA offers a full range of products, services and benefits that help you and your company succeed. The Association encourages you to review the list and share it with your staff. One size does not fit all, though. For some, the majority of the list applies, for others, only a few. However, of all the items listed below can help almost any company regardless of size or specialty. Whether it is results to a wage & benefit survey, or a discount or rebate on a group buying program, GLGA can provide a return on investment.
1. Register for your log-ins to the Members Only section of the GLGA and PIA websites. Download free resources.
2. Use the PIA and MRA free advice hotlines for your technical and HR questions.
3. Keep us up-to-date with your mailing address – for Graphics Journal, PIA’s The Magazine, announcements, and event invitations.
4. Make sure we have your current email address – for e-newsletters, the ListServs and special announcements – and make sure your company’s email server allows messages sent through Constant Contact.
5. Attend educational programs and webinars through GLGA, PIA and MRA. Or, offer to host a seminar or speak at a webinar.
6. Participate in GLGA/PIA industry surveys (such as the popular annual Wage and Benefit Survey and the Ratios). Members who do receive a free copy of the results.
7. Enter the Graphics Excellence Awards competition. Or, sponsor the GEAs.
8. Save money by using the GLGA and national group buying power programs.
9. Come to networking events and receptions.
10. Join our GLGA group page on LinkedIn.
11. Post advertisements for free on the GLGA classifieds board.
12. Post your job openings for free on the GLGA job board and browse the candidate resumes.
14. Be heard legislatively through GLGA and PIA lobbying events, grassroots campaigns and the annual Print and Packaging Legislative Summit legislative conference.
15. Update your free listing in PrintAccess (the basis of your listing in our Print Buyers Guide).
16. Compete in PIA national competitions, including The Best Workplace in the Americas.
17. If your company has educational articles (or you would like to write one), share them with our members via our publications.
18. Send your company press releases for inclusion in GLGA publications and on the GLGA website.
19. Advertise in our print publications.
20. Ask and answer member questions confidentially via our Member Questions ListServ service (this page requires a member log-in and password).
21. Use the members-only Safety Audit, Business Assessment and Environmental Assessment programs.
and here’s a bonus 22nd tip:
22. Sign up for PIA’s free ListServs and newsletters: HR Update, Economic Flash Report, Print Market Update, Monthly Tech Alert, imPRINT.