March 11, 2021
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The print market recovery has begun to show signs of life. While not everyone was affected equally early on, the rebound has also been inconsistent throughout the regions. We hear many looking forward to getting business back to normal—that may be in a while still, if at all. Many things have changed this last year. How and where folks work, how they shop and learn, and what they do for fun and recreation. How will those changes impact the client base you had pre-COVID and how have the changes that you’ve made to your business change what normal could look like?
When you examine your customer base, ask yourself which groups will prevail when the business climate fully resumes. When they do re-engage, will their needs and how they conduct business be different than before?
Your business also looks different than it did 12 months ago. You’ve spent time and resources to re-tool and re-imagine your offering, your workflow and your staff. The challenge for business owners will be to prepare for an operating environment that is, or will be, and not the one from their past.
During the webinar, you will learn:
- We are in a transitioning landscape — understand a business world that is, not one from yesterday. While you’ll still make money spinning cylinders and generating clicks, how you get business continues to change.
- Your current and future clients — identifying key opportunities in your markets, what is an “essential business,” new business development strategies and steps to take for customer growth, retention and inactive clients.
- Your team — is everyone in the right roles today? Do they have the ability to learn and adapt to the challenges of today, and are you breaking down the internal silos and external obstacles that could hold you back?
- From plan to process — leading, managing, coaching and keeping score using smart goals and setting expectations has never been more important. Set the bar too low and you might reach it, not high enough and you fail to reach your true potential.
Who should Attend:
- CEO’s, Owners & Presidents
- Current and future company leaders
About the Presenter:
Mike Philie is a business management consultant who works with companies in the Graphic Communications Industry. The PhilieGroup works with business owners, senior leadership, sales managers, and sales representatives who are not satisfied with the status quo and are looking for guidance in altering the trajectory of their results. He also leads interdisciplinary teams through the transition necessary for profitable growth within a changing, dynamic marketplace, and provides senior management with insights on internal and external issues impacting sales, profitability, and acquisition strategies paired with cultural integration. As a former printing company president and senior-level sales executive, Mike combines personal front-line experience with insight garnered from hundreds of industry clients to infuse his consulting and presentations with timely, real-world examples and proven, results-driving advice. Mike holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Printing Management from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Mike is a regular speaker and seminar leader at numerous industry conferences including Graph Expo, Print, National Postal Forum, PIA President’s Conference, Dscoop, Printing United and various manufacturer client events and Peer Groups. He has served on the faculty of NAPL’s Management Institute and Idealliance’s NexGen Leaders Group management leadership development programs as well as Idealliance’s CEO Roundtable for top industry executives. He also has co-launched the Graphic Arts CEO Forum – a two-year program to guide CEO’s that face the challenges of a changing industry www.gaceoforum.com. Also launching in March 2021 is the Graphic Communications Leadership Institute, a three-year program for emerging leaders. Explore at www.GCleadershipinstitute.com.
Thursday, March 11, 2021
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Central
FREE to GLGA Members
$39.00 for Not Yet-Members
Online registration is now closed. Reminder emails with the connection link were sent to all registrants with the subject line GLGA: Connection info for March 11 Back to Normal webinar. Please check in your spam or deleted items folders if you don’t recall seeing these emails. If you need assistance Thursday accessing the webinar, please contact Joe Lyman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue: At Your Desk