May 23, 2022 – GLGA Announces Recipients of Third Annual Women in Print Excellence Award
The Great Lakes Graphics Association (GLGA) is proud to announce the recipients of its third annual Women in Print Excellence Award.
The Women in Print Excellence Awards supports GLGA’s ongoing quest to recognize the contributions of women in the Midwest print, graphic arts, finishing and print packaging community as well as those women who support the print industry in a vendor or supplier capacity.
Any woman working directly in print or in a vendor role supporting print who was in good standing with her company in Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin was eligible to be nominated. The nominations were reviewed by a panel of female print professionals outside of the Midwest, who selected one recipient per state.
| Honored as the recipient for the State of Illinois is
Planning and Imposition Supervisor
Kingery Printing Company
| Honored as the recipient for the State of Indiana is
Courtney Kinkade Bills
| Honored as the recipient for the State of Wisconsin is
Midstar Printing and Marketing Services
Selection criteria included
- Passion for print and anything resembling print.
- Experience in a print organization or in a vendor/supplier who supports print.
- Community Advocacy – how does she support and/or advocate for print away from work (designing sports flyers, volunteering in service organizations, supporting sustainability, etc.)
- Mentoring – how does she provide a platform for other women to grow and develop, formally or informally, or how does she support another woman who works in her organization.
This year’s class of superb nominees is the largest since the award program began. They represent a wide spectrum of roles in which women make contributions to print:
- Rosemarie Breske Garvey, President, Blooming Color
- Amanda Eberle, Mailing Postal Specialist, Royle Printing
- Donna Esser, President, Special Editions
- Carol “Becky” Garrison, CEO, Becky’s Die Cutting, Inc.
- Lisa Hargitt, Sales Professional, Midland Paper & Packaging
- Chris Hart, Director of Print Production, MTI Direct
- Marilyn Jones, President, Consolidated Printing
- Sharon Luka, CEO, Ignite Graphics Group
- Wendy Miles Robbins, President and Owner, Miles Printing
- Michelle Nelis, Vice President, Hohner Stitching Products
- Tashina Peplinski, VP of Operations, Graphic Edge Printing
- Susan Pinter, Director Mailing Systems, Arandell Corporation
- Dana Pond, Strategic Accounts Sales Manager, Freedom Graphic Systems
- Stefanie Querry, Customer Service Manager, CE Printed Products
- Tammy Rechner, President/CEO, Crossmark Graphics
- Christie Renfroe, Vice President, Riverside Graphics Corp.
- Sue Rescigno, President, Rescigno’s Mailing Solutions
- Kim Schulz-Hayden, Marketing Director/Account Rep, World Arts
GLGA also would like to recognize the sponsors whose support makes this program possible: Premier Sponsor: FUJIFILM North America; Gold Sponsors: Arandell Corporation, Domtar, LPI, RAM Recycling; Silver Sponsor: Canon Solutions America; Bronze Sponsor: EO Johnson Technologies.
The recipients and nominees will be honored at GLGA’s simultaneous Graphics Excellence Awards Celebrations on Wednesday, June 7, 2023, in Hoffman Estates, IL, and Milwaukee, WI.
“We are honored to present the Women in Print Excellence Awards for a third year,” said Joseph Lyman, president of GLGA. “I am proud that the Women in Print awards program helps to recognize the progress the printing industry is making to fully represent its community. Congratulations to the winners in each state and all the nominees.”