June 15, 2021 – GLGA’s Women [in] Print Proudly Present the First Woman in Print Excellence Award.
This sought after female-specific award supports our ongoing quest to recognize the contributions of women in the Midwest print, graphic arts, finishing and print packaging community as well as those women who support the print industry in a vendor or supplier capacity.
Any woman working directly in print or in a vendor role supporting print who is in good standing with her company in the states of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. Any level or title of employee is eligible.
Anyone (female or male) can nominate a candidate by completing the nomination form and emailing it to Debra Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing it to 262-522-2211. A nomination fee of $29 needs to be included with the nomination form.
A panel of female print professionals outside of the Midwest will judge the nominations and select a winner(s). Their decision is final.
Winner(s) will be announced in late August and celebrated at the Graphics Excellence Award Celebrations in Chicago and Milwaukee on September 30, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria – What Makes a Great Nominee – Consider the Following:
- Passion for print and anything resembling print. This might include activities like recruiting new females into the print industry, volunteering for training, etc. Include examples if appropriate.
- Mentoring – a focus on helping other women grow in their organization or advance their career goals. Those who are making an impact in the lives of women in print.
- Experience in a print organization or in a vendor/supplier who supports print.
- Community Advocacy – how does she support and/or advocate for print away from work (designing sports flyers, volunteering in service organizations, supporting sustainability, etc.)
Please click here to download the nomination form
The nomination period is now closed, and the nominations are now being reviewed by our judging panel. If you have any questions, please contact Debra Warner at email@example.com, (262) 439-8992.
“At Case, celebrating diversity is a fundamental part of who we are. We’ve committed ourselves to continue to build this into our future, especially as we expand our capabilities in support of the growing print and packaging industries. We’re ecstatic to be a part of such an awesome event recognizing all the rockstar women in our industry!”
– Jessica Szczechowicz, Marketing Manager at Case Paper