May 9, 2022 – GLGA Announces Recipients of Second Women in Print Leadership Award
The Great Lakes Graphics Association (GLGA) is proud to announce the recipients of its second annual Women in Print Leadership Award.
The Women in Print Leadership Awards supports GLGA’s ongoing quest to recognize the contributions of women in the Midwest print, graphic arts, finishing and print packaging community as well as those women who support the print industry in a vendor or supplier capacity.
Any woman working directly in print or in a vendor role supporting print who was in good standing with her company in Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin was eligible to be nominated. The nominations were reviewed by a panel of female print professionals outside of the Midwest, who selected one recipient per state.
|Honored as the recipient for the State of Illinois is Kara Lineal, President, Plum Grove, Inc., Cary, Illinois.||Honored as the recipient for the State of Indiana is Devin Craig, CEO, Branded by Woods, Huntingburg, Indiana.||Honored as the recipient for the State of Wisconsin is Wendy Hunjadi, Director of Client Experience, Arandell Corporation, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.|
Selection criteria included
- Passion for print and anything resembling print.
- Experience in a print organization or in a vendor/supplier who supports print.
- Community Advocacy – how does she support and/or advocate for print away from work (designing sports flyers, volunteering in service organizations, supporting sustainability, etc.)
- Mentoring – how does she provide a platform for other women to grow and develop, formally or informally.
In addition to the top recipients, this year’s class of exceptional nominees represents a wide spectrum of roles in which women make contributions to print:
- Donna Altott, Sales Representative, Royal Envelope
- Lynn Buck, Production Manager, Copresco
- Donna Covannon, US Director of Marketing, Xeikon the Flint Group
- Teresa Davis, CSR, Royle Printing
- Cheryl Vermillion Galloway, CFO/CIO, CE Printed Products
- Amanda Johnson, President, Eagle Printing
- Peggy Krouse, Graphic Design Instructor, Waukesha County Technical College
- Michelle Nelis, Vice President, Hohner Stitching Products
- Beckie O’Connor, Executive Creative Director, Specialty Print Communications/SPC Fuel
- Kathy Ann Sandstrom-Kronforst, Director of Sales, JR Dimensional
- Arika Stoecker, Senior Account Manager, Case Paper Company
- Katherine Versteegh, Senior Vice President – DSD, AB Data
- Melissa Warnecke, Director of Graphics, ProAmpac
“The printing industry continues to emerge as an industry that welcomes gender equality, and we are honored to present the Women in Print Excellence Awards for a second year,” said Joseph Lyman, president of GLGA. “Congratulations to the winners in each state and all the nominees. The GLGA Women in Print group is making progress to help mentor each other. I am proud that the Women in Print awards program helps to recognize the progress the industry is making to fully represent its community.”
The recipients and nominees will be honored at GLGA’s simultaneous Graphics Excellence Awards (GEA) Celebrations on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, in Addison, IL, and Milwaukee, WI.