November 15, 2016
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Many printing company owners and managers know they should update their cost rates every year, but have trouble getting it done. And while calculating budgeted hourly rates is often viewed as a stand-alone process, it’s really just one step in a critical, ongoing system of forecasting, budgeting and planning. In this webinar you will learn the key steps in managing this process and practical methods for knowing your true costs.
Who should attend? Printing company owners, accounting and plant managers, production managers or supervisors, or anyone wanting a better understanding of costing and budgeted hourly rates.
- Understanding the importance of forecasting and how it fits into the planning and budgeted hourly rate calculation process
- Sources of sales forecasting data
- Simple methods for compiling forecast data
BUDGETING & PLANNING
- Overview of how to take the sales forecast and create a summary financial budget
- Sources of budgeting data
- Sample budget summaries
- Accounting for capital expenditures in your plan
CALCULATION OF THE BUDGETED HOURLY RATE
- Overview and BHR theory
- Tools for rate calculation – beyond the spreadsheet
- Discussion of depreciation and equipment replacement costs
- Step by step guide to assigning costs, calculating utilization, and compiling BHR data
- Analysis of results and fine tuning of rates
- Implementation and practical use of properly calculated rates
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Eastern / 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Central
GLGA members: $19 per connection
Not-Yet members: $39 per connection
You may have multiple people sit in on one connection.
A confirmation email with the connection information will be sent to you in a separate email message after you register. If you register after business hours, the email will be sent the next business morning.
If you are paying by credit card, please make sure the billing address you provide matches what your credit card company has on file.
Venue: At Your Desk