- February 1, 2017
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Free for GLGA Members!
2017 has brought many changes to employment law, and employers need to know how their businesses are affected. This webinar will cover recent local and national updates to employment law that affect employee compensation. The topics to be covered:
- State of Nevada v. U.S. Dept. of Labor – on November 22, 2015, a Federal District Court in Texas entered a preliminary injunction which prevents the DOL’s rule increasing the minimum salary level for employees exempt from overtime pay from $23,660 annually to $47,892. The proposed rule, which was to have taken effect on December 1, would vastly increase the number of employees eligible for overtime pay. Learn why the court entered the injunction, whether it applies to your business and what will happen next.
- Suburban Cook County minimum wage – on October 26, 2015, the Cook County board of commissioners approved a gradual increase in the minimum wage for suburban Cook County to $13. Learn the details on when the increases take place.
- City of Chicago minimum wage – the City Council passed an ordinance at the end of 2015 increasing Chicago’s minimum wage to $13. Learn the details.
- Illinois Equal Pay Act – At the beginning of 2016, Illinois’ Equal Pay Act was amended to apply to all employers rather than those with 4 or more employees. The act prohibits an employer from discriminating against an employee on the basis of sex by paying lower wages.
- Illinois Secure Choice Savings Program Act – In 2015, Illinois became the first state to require private employers to offer employees retirement benefits. While the law is a couple of years old, the enrollment deadline is June 1, 2017. Learn what your company needs to do to comply with this law.
About the Presenter:
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Central
FREE for GLGA members. Not-yet-members: $40 per Internet connection (you may have multiple people sit in on one connection.)
A confirmation email with the connection information will be sent to you a few days before the webinar.
If you are paying by credit card, please make sure the billing address you provide matches what your credit card company has on file.
Venue: At Your Desk