Website WS Packaging
Position Objective: The Folder/Gluer Operator is responsible to load and fold jobs to customer specifications and assist in the training of other operators and finishing associates.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for efficient make-ready on all cartons assigned. Will notify the Gluer Adjuster of any
problems or when they need assistance.
* Responsible for setting production speeds for each job to maximize machine capabilities. If additional take
off-packer help is required, advise cellleader of staffing requirements or personnel problems.
* Ensures that the correct adhesives are used and notifies the cell leader of any problems relating to fiber
tear, glue voids, etc.
* Regulary inspects cartons during the run to verify acceptable adhesion, pre-break and alignment.
* Monitors adhesive application for proper placement, adhesion, and quantity.
* Checks printed cartons throughout the run to assure the print quality is acceptable and that we are not
experiencing ink rub or offsetting in the stack.
* Verifies that the packer has sufficient cases to achieve maximum productivity.
* Responsible for proper feeding and stacking of cartons during the run for maximum productivity.
* Assist the cell leader in training of other cell personnel to take over the duties of the operator when
* Responsible for quality, productivity, and minimizing waste.
* Verifies that correct count and packing method is used on all jobs.
* Correctly fills out and turns in all required paperwork in a timely manner.
* Verifies that labels are correct with in accordance with the Job Ticket.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Degree or GED, or equivalent. Minimum of 6 months of previous machine operation in a
manufacturing environment required.
* The ability to perform basic math and good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
* Mechanical background and troubleshooting skills.
* Must be able to thrive in a team environment.
* Possess the ability to work with manufacturing management to achieve company goals including customer satisfaction and company profitability.
* Accurately read a ruler to provide and verify measurements.
* Basic Computer Skills.
* The ability to understand, speak, and write in English.
* Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit; talk or hear, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to reach to the ground and bring self-up to folding table throughout a workday. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.