Commercial printing company is seeking a full-time Web Offset Press Operator with solid work history, mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills, and a willingness to learn in a multi-role capacity.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ offset press experience and knowledge of automatic roll splicer operation. This position is responsible for paper handling, press operation and maintenance, color setting and operation of related equipment (pallet movers, forklifts, clamp trucks and strapping machines) and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist or make ready multi-web, multi-unit offset press for newspaper production.
· Spot (layout) and mount printing plates to cylinders.
· Visually inspect and register printed products, adjust, and maintain ink density, adjust, and maintain margins and cutoff (page alignment and compensation).
· Make all necessary adjustments to ensure print products meet quality standards.
· Verify correct dates and page order.
· Perform routine and mechanical maintenance on the press and related production equipment.
· Perform weekly cleaning of the press and related equipment.
· Accurately complete daily paperwork and reports.
· Maintain effective safety and housekeeping practices in all areas of production.
Requirements and Experience:
Minimum of 2-3 years offset press experience required.
Knowledge of automatic roll splicer operation preferred.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Physically capable of climbing ascending stairs and ladders.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org