Website The National Group
Are you looking for a creative design career that offers variety?
The National Group, a commercial printer located in Lafayette, IN, is seeking an experienced pre-media technician with an aptitude for print design.
This position offers/requires the use of a variety of skills sets. From creative design, to creating digital storefronts, to interacting with customers to manage variable data printing projects, no two days are the same.
Our ideal candidate will be a great communicator, super organized, thorough, honest, quick with computers and various software programs, very detail oriented, customer focused and have the ability to switch from one task to another on short notice without a decrease in productivity.
We are seeking someone who has extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign. Knowledge in aspects of the printing process, including Sheet Fed, Digital, and Wide Format printing is a major plus, as is familiarity with G7 color certifications. Our new hire will be a self-starter, and have the demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize large amounts of information.
In this position you will be responsible for:
– Meeting with our sales staff and our clients to determine the scope of a project.
– Preparing customer files to be produced on offset presses, digital presses or wide format printers.
– Advising clients on strategies to reach a particular audience.
– Determining the design a message should portray, and vice versa.
– Creating images and designs that identify a product or convey a message.
– Combining variable data information with creative designs.
– Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design.
– Reviewing designs for errors before printing or publishing them.
– Setting up branded digital storefronts for clients to be used for product orders.
– Keeping up to date with the latest software and computer technologies to remain relevant.
– Sharing in department responsibilities including wide format printing, making proofs and printing plates, maintaining department inventory and maintaining company web site.
Analytical skills – Must be able to look at their work from the point of view of their consumers and examine how the designs they develop will be perceived by the consumer to ensure they convey the client’s desired message.
Artistic ability – Must be able to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients and consumers. Produce rough illustrations of design ideas, either by hand sketching or by using a computer program.
Communication skills – Must be able to communicate with clients, customers, sales staff and other designers to ensure their designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information.
Computer skills – Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Specifically, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. Should also be able to work with web applications, Microsoft products and understand variable content/variable data printing.
Creativity – Must be able to think of new approaches to communicating ideas to consumers. Develop unique designs that convey a recognizable meaning on behalf of their clients.
Time-management skills – Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different deadline.
Multi-tasking skills – Must be able and willing to share other department responsibilities including: Preparing customer created files for production, wide format printing, department maintenance
Accuracy and attention to detail – Must have an eye for details and be technical savvy to ensure mistake free design and printing compatibility.
Team player – Must be able to work closely with our departments within the company and be willing to perform other duties when needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org