Website The National Group
The National Group, a commercial printer specializing in offset, digital & wide format printing, and mailing services, located in Lafayette, IN, is seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative to work our front desk.
Managing and servicing a small set of house accounts and assisting our walk in customers. You will be involved with the receipt and expediting of orders, which are followed through the entire production and fulfillment process.
Our ideal candidate will be super organized, thorough, honest, trustworthy, possess strong math skills, quick with computers, very detail oriented and understand the balance of being re-active and pro-active with regards to customer and outside sales rep interaction.
Our ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of all aspects of the printing process including Sheet Fed, Digital, and Wide Format and have skills to successfully manage print jobs from inception to completion. They will be a self-starter, and have the demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize large amounts of information. They will take pride in their work and put forth the same effort on small jobs, (like a business card order) as they do with large jobs, (like a annual report or quarterly magazine).
Responsibilities will include:
• Estimate quote requests and present in professional manner, from quick email messages to cover letters w/estimate forms.
• Submit orders to pre-media, printing, bindery and mailing operations; monitoring the job, ensuring timely (on time) completion of the project.
• Interact with vendors to secure best materials/options for manufacturing of products.
• Confer with customers by telephone, email or in person to provide information about products or services, taking and entering customer orders into production systems via company MIS system.
• Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and job statuses.
• Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
• Maintain customer records using automated systems.
• Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
As the ideal candidate you should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Production and Processing — Knowledge of technology, raw materials, printing processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the desired end results and distribution of goods.
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling printed material and services offered. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
As the ideal candidate, you should possess the following skills:
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Writing skills to convey information effectively.
• Math literacy (numeracy) — Having the ability to problem-solve, reason and analyze numerical information.
• Negotiation — Pointing out the value in our products and services, not simply being the lowest price.
• Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com