Website The Marek Group
Working under the direction of the Bindery Manager, the General Worker has overall responsibility for performing various manual tasks to process or package printed product according to customer specification in an effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Read, review and understand the assigned and scheduled jobs according to specifications from the job tickets, spec. sheets, customer spec sheets, and proofs, including the approved press samples, in order to set up any required processing equipment and/or to accurately package the printed product.
- Perform manual tasks such as assembly kitting, inserting, hand folding, hand collating, taping, etc., efficiently and accurately according to job ticket and customer specifications.
- Prepare any required labels utilizing available computers and printing equipment; pack and label finished product according to job specification, customer instructions, and shipping requirements, utilizing appropriate materials and procedures in order to eliminate waste, spoilage, and excess shipping costs.
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting for quality in the course of performing the various tasks assigned in the Hand Finishing Department.
- Perform all necessary written internal and external documentation with complete and accurate information as required by internal procedures and/or customer specifications.
- Follow written and verbal instructions accurately; perform all assigned work efficiently, and on schedule.
- Follow housekeeping standards by keeping work area neat and clean, taking care of any equipment utilized and following specified work procedures.
- Record daily production utilizing required forms and/or computerized manufacturing system.
- Follow and comply with all safety, work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent; or a combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com