Website Chicago Glue & Machine
Our company expects all team members to uphold our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Continuous Improvement, and Ethical Behavior.
Safety – Safety First
Teamwork – Offer help, ask for help, and value being a member of a strong team
Respect – Treat others as you would like to be treated
Accountability – Be on time and contribute
Continuous Improvement – Take initiative and strive to do better
Ethical Behavior – Follow our Code of Ethics and meet our high standard of professional behavior
Considerations: A Chicago Glue & Machine Territory Manager is responsible for working closely with Senior Territory Managers in maintaining and growing existing business within current account list (50%). They are tasked with building and growing relationships with key decision makers within accounts. They must learn the ins and outs of their customers various adhesive applications and adhesive dispensing equipment (20%). They are also responsible for generating leads, qualifying prospects, and acquiring new business within assigned territory (30%).
This role spends a significant amount of time on the telephone, working through email, and face to face with customers. The ideal Territory Manager must be resilient, energetic, willing to learn, and able to engage customers in discussions that underline the value CGM can bring to their operations. The Territory Manager will need to learn the buying process and why our customers purchase from Chicago Glue & Machine.
Full Time: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, availability on mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed
Reports to: Sales Manager
Direct Reports: None
• Act as a member of the Chicago Glue & Machine Sales team by working to develop and implement sales strategies.
• Continually gain knowledge about different adhesive technologies, applications, and dispensing equipment.
• Learn and understand customers buying process and determine why customers buy from vendors.
• Manage growth in territory: maintain and develop core business, achieve sales targets, control expenses and obtain market share.
• Work with the Senior Territory Manager to foster and drive the development and delivery of innovative solutions to customers.
• Work with the Senior Territory Manager on equipment selection, quoting, installation, testing, and troubleshooting.
• Work with customers to make running our product an efficient and effective component of their manufacturing process.
• Work with targeted accounts on new applications, product approval, testing, and business plans.
• Develop long-term relationships and coordinate sales efforts.
• Work with Senior Territory Manager to create and manage annual sales budget.
• Promote safety awareness and monitor compliance with government and company safety regulations.
• Detailed tracking in CRM.
• Safety minded at all times, including and not limited to following safety procedures.
• Conditions in the field can vary, and the Territory Manager must be aware of potential situations that can be dangerous and avoid them and report them to the correct person.
• Territory Managers will spend significant time driving so they must be safety minding behind the wheel of a vehicle.
• Active listening
• Strategic Prospecting
• Problem Solving
• Closing Techniques
• Relationship Building
• Professional Communication Skills
• Qualification Questioning
• Time Management
• Objection Prevention
• Objection Handling
• Problem Solving
• Efficient use of Microsoft Office
• 10 paid holidays
• Choice of HMO or PPO Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance offered
• 401K, 3% employer match
• Bachelor’s degree in technical/mechanical or marketing field(or equivalent experience).
• 1-2 years professional sales experience, directly managing and supporting accounts and multiple technical product lines.
• Demonstrated experiences and sales results in sales, prospecting, and new business development.
• Proven experience & ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
• Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
• Valid Driver’s License and car insurance with reliable car.
• Travel 40-60%
Work is performed indoors, in normal office setting. Trips to customers locations have varying conditions.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com