Website Specialty Print Communications
Assist web press manufacturing by operating the auto splicer and infeed. Ensure correct paper is hung according to SPC job ticket. Promote teamwork, provide support for other crew members and maintain a safe work environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Operate press auto splicer and infeed.
• Record tonnage and gross counter quantities for paper roll usage.
• Monitor and ensure proper and consistent level of ink is maintained in all ink fountains.
• Maintain fountain solution supply and monitor conductivity. Log conductivity readings and adjust to target level as needed.
• Maintain glue supply and monitor thickness of glues with appropriate Zahn cup and make adjustments as needed to ensure consistency.
• Dispose of consumable waste in the appropriate containers.
• Assist in makeready operations – bend and hang plates, web up the press, setup ancillary equipment.
• Assist in wash-ups.
• Assist in changing blankets.
• Monitor the weighing of loads of finished product to verify counts using a floor scale to accurately track final press counts.
• Under direction of 1st Pressman, gather and prepare supplies on upcoming jobs before the previous job ends. This includes job ticket, paper, ink, plates, glue, dies.
• Keeps press clean and free of clutter, debris and spills.
• Maintain a safe work environment ensuring compliance to safety guidelines and housekeeping rules.
• Display a positive attitude, patience, and professionalism at all times.
• Communicate with crew members from other shifts to allow for smooth transition and uninterrupted production across shifts.
• Perform other duties as assigned by 1st Pressman or Pressroom Shift Supervisors.
• Provide feedback on ways to improve upon manufacturing methods to 1st Pressman.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• 1 year of relevant or related experience preferred
• Maintain a professional, respectful and positive demeanor
• Take direction and follow through on assignments
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Perform basic math calculations
Physical Demands and Abilities
• Lift up to 50 pounds
• Adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work in varying temperatures and tight spaces.
• Exposure to noise levels up to 90 dB(a).
If interested, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com