Website Mossberg & Company Inc.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Flexo Press Operator is responsible for operating presses to print on rolls of plastic film in our Flexographic Department producing accurate rolls of labels. The press operator will perform minor maintenance and repairs to the presses to ensure they produce the highest quality of work possible.
All employees of Mossberg & Company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: To meet or exceed monthly budget production projections.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: Basic Industrial Math, Basic Reading Comprehension Light Industrial, Basic Ruler Reading, Color Vision, and Mechanical Reasoning
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
MACHINE OPERATOR… 65%
1. Obtain specified stock
2. Prepare roll for mounting
3. Adjusts registration
4. Threads substrate through press
5. Monitors in feed and out feed tension alignments
6. Monitors color density and diagnoses and corrects problems associated with controlling and maintaining appropriate color
7. Makes decision and adjusts press speed accordingly
8. Recognizes and corrects ink and pressure problems
9. Sets up die cutting units, slitters, perforators and coating and curing units
10. Understands primary causes and remedies for various problems that may arise during the press run. Performs troubleshooting diagnostics as re needed
MAKE READY STATION… 20%
1. Mixes and adjusts ink to match color
2. Puts ink into fountain pan in press
3. Mounts and or re-mounts plates at press
4. Adjusts all pressure
5. Installs and adjusts blades
6. Makes decision on gears and cylinders
7. Uses precision measuring device to make decisions and adjustments
8. Sets up and adjusts unit lamps
1. Removes and washes cylinders and/rollers
2. Cleans ink fountains
3. Removes and cleans/protects plates for storage
4. Removes and stores cylinders, gears and dies
5. Performs preventative maintenance on presses such as lubrication, replacement of small parts, cleaning and minor adjustments
A. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Degree or GED
2. Machine experience or training strongly preferred
B. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Must possess strong reading comprehension skills in order to read and understand the job ticket, safety rules, machine operating and safety instructions and procedure manuals
Ability to accurately read and interpret tape measures and rulers
An understanding of ink, or the capability to learn it
Strong problem-solving skills
Mechanically inclined to make minor repairs and adjustments
Good communication skills
Ability to see the whole picture
C. EQUIPMENT USED
D. PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects (computer and machinery); and talk or hear.
1. Strong eye hand coordination
2. Frequently required to walk.
3. Required to stand for long periods of time on a concrete floor
4. Required to reach; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
5. Routinely lifts and/or moves up to 30 pounds.
6. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
7. Needs to be able to distinguish colors
8. Must be able to tolerate smelling and breathing in chemical fumes
E. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in the immediate area, louder in other areas of the plant.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other work-related tasks as assigned or requested by management. The job description is simply a communication tool and is subject to change as the needs prevail. This document is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com