Website MCD, Inc.
Graphic Arts Products and Finishing Company
Madison-based graphic arts products and finishing company is looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager. For over 40 years, the experts at MCD, Inc. have turned ordinary concepts into extraordinary solutions.
MCD is focused on providing enhanced visual appeal to your communications pieces. The range of our capabilities consist of foilstamping, embossing, diecutting, gluing and folding, laminating, specialty UV coating, screen printing, and litho mounting.
Our markets and products include retail display, direct mail, presentation materials, folding cartons, greeting cards, gift cards, security products, book covers and jackets, along with much more.
If you have prior experience as a Purchasing Manager in the graphic arts or printing industry, we invite you to join the MCD team by submitting your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
- Negotiates pricing, supplier contracts and service agreements with vendors and suppliers to ensure the highest quality products for the lowest possible cost or competitive pricing.
- Develops new supply sources as needed to maintain quality and affordable materials.
- Establishes account/credit terms.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
- Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing; monitor the effectiveness of procedures; revise and improve purchasing process.
- Monitor inventory and tracks how inventory is used and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with trends.
- Coordinates all stock and print outsourcing.
- Coordinates MCD’s overflow outsourcing to preferred vendors.
- Occasional same day travel for press check of outsourced work.
- Monitor and track delinquent orders.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Customer Service.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree with relevant work experience in the printing industry.
- 5 y ears in a Purchasing position including at least 3 years in printing or a related field.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills and focus to provide exceptional service to customers.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal).
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail including numeric computation, written communication, and data entry.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple and evolving priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment with frequent and multiple interactions.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft products.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Skilled at negotiation and networking.
MCD is 100% employee owned, making every full-time employee a beneficial owner. With a stake in the company, our team strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.
In addition to becoming an owner of MCD, Inc., we also offer 401K retirement savings with a company match of 50% of every dollar you contribute up to 6%. MCD offers competitive wages, health, dental, company paid short and long term disability, paid time off and many other benefits. MCD is looking for motivated individuals interested in growing with our company. Training and development opportunities are available. Join our team in helping make imagination become reality.
MCD, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com