Website MCD, Inc.
100% Employee Owned!
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team! A good candidate will have production management experience, a strong understanding of financials, and fit in with our company’s culture. A great candidate will also have experience and knowledge of the print/print finishing industry.
MCD, Inc. is a 100% employee owned graphic arts and print finishing company specializing in foil stamping, embossing and debossing, die cutting, gluing and folding, laminating, and UV specialty coatings. Our capabilities cover a broad range of products and services, such as direct mail, packaging and card carriers, faux credit cards, gift cards, and more. MCD is a fast-paced and growing company that has been in business for over 50 years and currently employs 68 production and office personnel.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of production personnel on all shifts and non-production areas, including the Die Room, Maintenance, Pre-Press, Purchasing, Quality, and Shipping. This position works closely with Production, Customer Service, and Sales to meet output, productivity, and responsiveness goals.
- Measures and improves existing production process repeatability and reliability.
- Ensures quality products are delivered to our customers within established time frames.
- Oversees that the master production schedule utilizes equipment and personnel efficiently.
- Ensures production orders are completed and shipped to the schedule.
- Monitors and improves labor utilization and efficiency in all operations.
- Monitors, reports, and improves job costs. Works with Finance and IT to provide effective reporting for operators running jobs and customer service and managers evaluating job costs.
- Ensures all operations are conducted to the QMS and encourages and monitors continuous improvement.
- Develops systems to create current labor capacity and forecasted labor needs.
- Develop plans for future equipment capacity.
Partners with HR to develop talent for succession planning.
- Reviews and monitors production leadership performance.
- Provides feedback systems to customer service/scheduling for order status and updates and feedback systems to estimating for improving costing systems.
- Identifies present and future capital requirements and projects needed for production capacity.
- Develop annual production budget.
The ideal candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (preferred)
- 5 years of experience in a Production/Operations Management position
- 10 years of experience in printing or related field (preferred)
- Proficient in working with computers and experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of printing and/or print finishing equipment
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong understanding of financials
Able to stand, lift, bend off and on for 8 hours a day, and lift 30 pounds repetitively.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.