Website MCD, Inc.
Graphic Arts Products and Finishing Company
Madison-based graphic arts products and finishing company is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician for our 2nd shift operation. For over 40 years, the experts at MCD, Inc. have turned ordinary concepts into extraordinary solutions
MCD, Inc is a 100% employee owned company focused on providing enhanced visual appeal to your communications pieces. The range of our capabilities consist of foilstamping, embossing, diecutting, gluing and folding, laminating, specialty UV coating, screen printing, and litho mounting.
Our markets and products include retail display, direct mail, presentation materials, folding cartons, greeting cards, gift cards, security products, book covers and jackets, along with much more.
If you have prior experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician in the graphic arts/printing industry, we invite you to join the MCD team by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Our technicians perform electrical, electronic and mechanical maintenance on all production and auxiliary equipment and facilities. Qualified applicants should possess 1-3 years’ experience in machine troubleshooting, electrical repair and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair plant and facility equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Diagnose and read electrical, pneumatic schematics, understand symbols and take corrective action.
- Understand PLC operations and use PLC interface to diagnose problems.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspection on equipment.
- Design and installation of equipment.
- Recommends measures to improve equipment performance and product quality.
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task.
- May be required to work overtime with occasional weekend and call-in work.
- Responsible for wiring all machines and building to code.
- Must learn, follow and actively enforce company Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Clean and maintain grounds, parking lot and building facilities.
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer based documents.
- Operate material handling equipment, aerial boom lift or other powered equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or printing environment.
- Technical school diploma in related field.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting PLC’s.
- Experience with AC/DC motor drive systems.
- Strong electrical, mechanical and pneumatic background.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally & written) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Basic understanding of commercial plumbing, HVAC and fire systems.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities/tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, diagrams and other mechanical drawings
- Computer skills including Windows, MAC and Microsoft office.
- Flexibility to respond to after-hour emergencies, to start early, stay late and occasional weekend projects.
MCD is 100% employee owned, making every full-time employee a beneficial owner. With a stake in the company, our team strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.
Summary of Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Plan
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Plan
- Employee Referral Program
The Maintenance Technician will have to spend up to 8 hours standing or sitting, bending, twisting, turning, using arms and hands for reaching, handling, and manipulating objects, lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, need to climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices to safely perform essential job tasks.
Salary: $18-$30/hr-based on experience.
MCD, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org