Website Manchester Industries, a Clearwater Paper Company
At Manchester Industries, a Clearwater Paper Company, we provide unparalleled service and the best solutions in Paperboard Sales, Sheeting, and Distribution. Since 1978 we have helped our customers meet the daily demands of the commercial printing, publishing, point of purchase display, specialty packaging, and folding carton industries.
Through innovation and continual improvement in precision converting technology, we provide prime paperboard grades from leading mills to paper merchants and packaging companies. With vast inventories at Manchester’s 5 strategic locations: Virginia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, and Texas, we maintain 14 precision sheeters, 9 guillotine trimmers, 4 carton packing lines, and 2 slitter rewinders within 450,000 combined square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space.
The goal of Manchester Industries is to provide an exceptional service platform with our staff of committed employees. Through working with customers and suppliers together, we are able to find profitable and proficient solutions in this ever-changing marketplace.
Join us as an Account Executive in Sales by driving and meeting established territory sales and profitability objectives set by our leadership team. Leverage your business and industry savvy by ensuring timely and accurate administrative reporting and territory management, building and developing a sound customer base and ensuring our footing in the industry.
- Responsible for a territory encompassing Michigan, Ohio and Indiana with a target annual budget of approximately $11 million.
- Develop and achieve established sales objectives by selling paperboard products and services in assigned territory.
- Stay current on all industry product knowledge; keeping customers abreast of changes. Industry recognized technical expert supporting customers and growth in market.
- Provide ideas to Marketing and Promotional needs within assigned territory.
- Sell paperboard products and services in assigned territory.
- Execute regular customer visits to support sales objectives and customer requirements.
- Provide customer education to foster relationships with the company while promoting products, opening new avenues for product placement and/or channels.
- Drive growth at strategic accounts by studying existing and potential sales.
- Prospect for new accounts, develop and drive new business development opportunities.
- Provide industry and product expertise to assigned customers to support their success.
- Utilize marketing personnel and support materials to generate incremental and new business opportunities. Promote Converting Solutions Team customer visits, support, and manufacturing assessments to target accounts.
- Submit timely Competitive Information Reports by gathering current information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and changes within the market.
- Utilize Microsoft CRM for contact management information, input sales calls and other important information.
Reporting, Analytical & Administrative Support
- Monitor customer profitability levels.
- Maximize volume and price opportunities within territory or segment.
- Manage customer mix and sales mix to maximize short and long-term profitability by delivering on objectives as coordinated with Director of Sales or Regional Manager.
- Support product improvement or new product development efforts led by the director of sales.
- Evaluates opportunities to increase utilization of under-utilized production assets.
- Gathers competitive market and pricing information, reporting it to management; makes recommendations for changes in handling territory strategies.
- Work closely with sites on all customer and quality activities (i.e. complaints, market information requests, customer visits and communications).
- Participate on schedule sales and operational conference calls as needed.
- Work closely with customer service representatives to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Exercise responsible spending with regard to travel and entertainment to maintain budget.
- Utilize corporate travel to maximize travel expense value.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing, or equivalent field sales experience required
- Minimum 3 years of paperboard industry or packaging experience preferred
- Past sales experience in the paperboard or related products desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good understanding of quality systems and manufacturing required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Positive attitude
- Ability to speak and understand English
- In certain territories, there may be a strong desire for bilingual skills in Spanish
- Travel approximately 50%
Illustrative Essential Functions:
- Frequent presence in manufacturing environment involving high speed equipment, high noise levels, heat, and cold and mill environments
- Frequent air and automobile travel
- Lifting & bending; carrying suitcases, brief case, entry and exit of various aircraft, buses, taxis etc.
- Lifting samples, sheets, cartons, etc.
- Some mental, visual, physical fatigue from computer terminal use
Mix of office and manufacturing plant environments
Apply online at the Clearwater Paper Career Opportunities website.
To apply for this job please visit careers-clearwaterpaper.icims.com.