Website Johnson Press of America, Inc.
A small company with a long and proud history of printing.
Job Description: Press Operator
The Press Operator will schedule, run, and maintain the press.
Primary Job Functions:
The ability to make-ready and run the press to ensure the quality of the finished product. Also, able to start presses and pull proofs to check for and make adjustments to ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration. Must be able to read and follow the press schedule while communicating with employees and teams. Must be able to evaluate and monitor the quality and appearance of products. Additionally able to load ink, change blankets, and change plates. Adjusting, assessing, and maintaining machinery is also a primary function of this position. Responsible for quality of printed product and maintenance of press and ancillary equipment. Additional duties as assigned.
- Able to work amicably and safely with the others.
- Previous press or bindery experience and experience with print layouts is required.
- Maintain a clean and hazard free workplace and follow safety standards closely.
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Ability to read schedules and orders and follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and apply complex mathematics and measurements.
- Excellent communication and mechanical skills.
- Time management skills with some level of self-reliance.
- Comfortable with computers and technology.
Knowledge of technology is desired.
- Full color vision is an essential job requirement.
- Prolonged periods of standing during machine operation.
- Ability to work in a loud environment.
- Must be physically able to operate and repair machinery, which may involve bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling and crawling.
- Must be able to continuously climb up and down stairs and catwalks.
- Pushing/pulling of 3000+ lb. paper roll is required.
- Must move in and out of tight spaces comfortably.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds at a time.
- Use a pallet jack to move products and supplies.
- Operate a roll grab and move paper rolls.
- Operate forklift to move supplies.
- Previous printing and press work experience AND
- High level of mechanical understanding
1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift
Reports to the Manufacturing Manager
Salary and Benefits:
Health, and optional Dental, Vision, Life, and Partial Disability Insurance
Paid Vacation available after time accrued
Tuition Reimbursement Program
JPA is a drug free workplace. This includes THC/Marijuana.
Employment may be contingent upon successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com