Website Johnson Press of America, Inc.
A small company with a long and proud history of printing.
Job Description: Bindery Machine Operator
The Binder Machine Operator will run and maintain various machines to produce books, magazines, catalogs, and other publications. The Operator is responsible for the product quality and production levels. They are also responsible for directing and communicating with crew members who are assisting them.
Primary Job Functions:
The ability to run machinery in various stages of production and finish the final printed product. Must be able to read and follow production orders while communicating with employees and teams, ensure all production counts are recorded, and load flags are attached to finished product. Must be able to evaluate and monitor the quality and appearance of products. Adjusting, assessing, and maintaining machinery is also a primary function of this position. Responsible for quality measures including book OK and repairing defective product. Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent mechanical skills and ability to troubleshoot problems with machinery.
- Ability to work with trimming, cutting, folding, perfing, slitting, jogging, stitching, mailing, and binding machines.
- Produce at or above company established make ready per hour standards.
- Ability to read production orders and follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and apply complex mathematics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Time management skills with some level of self-reliance.
- Some knowledge of technology is desired.
- Previous work with MIS computer systems is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing during machine operation.
- Ability to work in a loud environment.
- Must be physically able to operate and repair machinery, which may involve bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling and crawling.
- Must be able to lift up to 75+ pounds at a time.
- Previous machine operating experience OR
- High level of mechanical understanding
Hours 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
8 Week Shift Rotation 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
Reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor
Salary and Benefits:
- Health, and optional Dental, Vision, Life, and Partial Disability Insurance
- 401K Eligibility
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation available after time accrued
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
JPA is a drug free workplace. This includes THC/Marijuana.
Employment may be contingent upon successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com