Website Johnson Press of America, Inc.
A small company with a long and proud history of printing.
Job Description: Assistant Press Operator
The Assistant Press Operator will assist the Press Operator in the scheduling, running, and maintenance of the press.
Primary Job Functions:
The ability to assist in the make-ready of the press forms to ensure the quality of the finished product. Must be able to read and follow the press schedule while communicating with employees and teams. Must be able to evaluate and monitor the quality and appearance of products. Additionally able to load ink, assist in blanket changing, and changing plates. Adjusting, assessing, and maintaining machinery is also a primary function of this position. Additional duties as assigned.
- Able to work amicably and safely with the Press Operator and other employees.
- Maintain a clean and hazard free workplace.
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Follow safety standards closely.
- Ability to read schedules and orders and follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and apply complex mathematics and measurements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Time management skills with some level of self-reliance.
- Solid mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of technology is desired. Previous work with print layouts is preferred.
- Previous press or bindery experience is preferred.
- Full color vision is an essential job requirement.
- Prolonged periods of standing during machine operation.
- Ability to work in a loud environment.
- Must be physically able to operate and repair machinery, which may involve bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling and crawling.
- Must be able to continuously climb up and down stairs.
- Pushing/pulling of 3000+ lb. paper roll is required.
- Must move in and out of tight spaces comfortably.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds at a time.
- Use a pallet jack to move products and supplies.
- Operate roll grab to move paper rolls and operate fork lift to move supplies.
- Previous press/roll tender experience AND/OR
- High level of mechanical understanding
1st, 2nd, 3rd shift
Reports to the Manufacturing Manager
Salary and Benefits:
- Health, and optional Dental, Vision, Life, and Partial Disability Insurance
- 401K Eligibility
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation available after time accrued
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
JPA is a drug free workplace. This includes THC/Marijuana.
Employment may be contingent upon successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com