Assists in operating the different presses to ensure production of highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, meeting performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements while assuring personal safety and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
– Reads and understands a job ticket to determine the stock, ink and other material needed for the job.
– Prepares materials for upcoming jobs by viewing production schedule and conferring with operator.
– Requests ink from Inland’s in-house ink department according to job ticket specifications, and mixes ink and chemicals as needed.
– Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging device, tapes and cams as directed by Press Operator, using hand tools. Winds sheets and loads paper into press.
– Fills ink and dampening solution fountains of press; mixes fountain solution, tests and adjusts PH and conductivity and maintains ink and aqueous coating at acceptable levels.
– Knows and follows established quality checking procedures in the pressroom and ensures correct and good quality product is coming off of the feeder.
– Assist the Press Operator with end of run procedures and in the set-up of the next job.
– Completes material usage report and substrate usage logbook and other necessary paperwork.
– Active participant in 5S; performs housekeeping by replacing press rags and solutions, cleaning press area at end of shift and performs preventative maintenance, cleaning and other tasks when press is down.
– Obtains weekly inventory and stocks supplies.
– Performs lead operator responsibilities and maintains production and quality standards when lead operators are away from press for short periods of time.
– Knows and follows all Inland policies while working with Hazardous Waste.
– May perform other duties as assigned.
Mechanical Abilities, Math Skills, Communication, Goal Oriented, Detail Oriented, Accurate, Problem Solving,
Flexibility, Focus on Safety, Quality and Productivity, Team Player
High school diploma or general education degree required; Three (3) years similar work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Associate degree in Printing and Publishing preferred.
Must meet physical demands identified on work screen protocol (Pod C); Vision corrected to 20/40; Must pass Ishihara Color Assessment and receive a minimum of average/normal color vision score on the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hues and D-15.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.