Assists in routine aspects of press operation by performing manual and machine operator tasks in the set-up, maintenance and operation of Inland’s gravure presses. Maintains gravure utility area by performing routine wash-up responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
– Prepares and assembles press bodies and applicators using hand tools and power tools.
– Greases and oils unit bodies.
– Assists the press operators in installing cylinders on the press by using hand tools and power tools.
– Assists press operators in inspecting rolls, inserting shafts, stripping and mounting rolls.
– Cleans cylinders, unit body carts and press parts.
– Cleans electrical pumps, ink tubs, lids and down spouts.
– Inspects all cylinders after clean up and boxes, bands and places cylinders in storage.
– Places incoming cylinders into storage and boxes and bands cylinders that are being sent outside of Inland.
– Assists the press operators with end of run clean up and any other procedures related to end of run.
– Maintains press utility area by replacing press rags and solutions, cleans press area at end of shift, performs other 5S and maintenance tasks.
– May perform any and all duties of the 2nd press operator, as needed.
– Knows and follows all Inland policies while working with Hazardous Waste.
Essential skills and experience:
– High school diploma or general education degree
– Proficient computer skills
– Good communication skills
– Strong math and mechanical skills
– Detail oriented
– Problem solver
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments. Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, employees, managers, and executives.
Required Work Schedule:
Sunday – Saturday rotating 12 hour shifts, 6 pm – 6 am
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Must meet physical demands identified on work screen protocol (Pod C); Vision acuity corrected to 20/40; Must pass Ishihara Color Assessment and receive a minimum of average/normal color vision score on Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hues and D-15.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.