The Maintenance Assistant performs general housekeeping and maintenance of equipment and cares for the facilities and grounds at Inland’s La Crosse locations, while maintaining personal safety in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and my supplemented as necessary.
– Maintains Inland facilities by performing housekeeping/maintenance duties such as: Dust mop, wet mop and scrubs floors, Empties rag bins and monitors and empties all garbage carts in production areas, Cleans and maintains order in garages and maintenance shop; lathe, mill and floors,
Collects and processes recyclables from lunchroom and office areas, Maintains, replenishes and stocks inventory; water cups, garbage bags, hand lotions, soaps and paper supplies, Assist office staff with office moves, desk adjustments, chair assembly, hanging monitors or dry erase boards, etc., Operate forklift and skyjack, and Responsible for the keying and re-keying of office doors as well as making office keys as needed
– Maintains equipment by performing preventative maintenance duties such as: Monitors and replenishes salt in water softener in Utility area, Repairs broken pallets, installs racking and performs other carpentry work as needed, Cleans and/or changes filters, belts, flame rods and greases equipment; and HVAC, Monitors air compressors and cleans and maintains organization in compressor room, Cleans, paints and repairs walls and other areas of facility, Performs plumbing responsibilities; drain cleaning, trap replacements, faucet repairs, etc., Performs lighting responsibilities; cleaning light fixtures, replacing bulbs, etc., Responsible for lighting PM and replacing burnt out light bulbs/ballast, and Responsible for minor building repairs
– Maintains grounds of Inland facilities by performing duties such as: Empties garbage containers, and monitors dumpsters and picnic areas, Picks up trash and other items, Performs lawn maintenance, trims weeds, waters shrubs, etc., Sweeps and blows debris from sidewalks, Shovel and salt driveways/parking lots as needed, Operate snow blower, Clear snow in earlier mornings and weekends as needed, and Travels between facilities to meet the needs of the organization
– Performs other duties as assigned as well as: Train/Lead other Maintenance Assistant, General assistance to Maintenance and Operational departments
Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
Authenticity – Gaining other people’s trust by demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines.
Essential skills and experience:
– A high school diploma or general education degree is required
– Good Communication Skills
– Dependable and Flexible
– Focus on Safety, Quality & Productivity
– Carpentry or Painting experience
– Lighting or electronics knowledge
Non-essential skills and experience:
-Background in mechanical technology
– Fabrication experience
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments. Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, regulatory agencies, employees, team members, and managers
Required Work Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 2:00pm
Must meet physical requirements stated in work screen protocol (Pod A); Visual acuity corrected to 20/40 is required
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.