While maintaining personal safety in accordance with company policies and procedures, set up, adjust and operate a guillotine paper cutter and die cut machines, ensuring we meet our customer specifications and the department production standards.
– Reviews job tickets and plans work process.
– Sets up paper cutter and label die cut machine and selects and installs cutting die according to job order specifications.
– Operates guillotine paper cutter and auxiliary equipment.
– Maintains quality by using quality assurance devices.
– Performs machine adjustments by using hand tools to maintain specifications and operator speed and performs knife changes.
– Detects and corrects problems which may develop.
– Communicates job requirements / specifications with co-workers.
– Transports material using powered hand truck.
– Troubleshoots and problem solves machine and job order problems.
– Completes required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
– Assists in the training of new Operators and Label Line Associates.
– Assists Label Line associates with fanning, banding, shrink wrapping and other duties as needed.
– Cross training will be expected.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Dependable, Takes Initiative, Organized, Problem Solver, Support of SQP and 5S Programs, Good Communication Skills, Calm Under Pressure, Promotes Teamwork, Basic Math and Computer Skills, Detail Oriented. A high school diploma or general education diploma is required; 1 – 3 years similar work experience in the printing industry and/or production facility.
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments. Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, employees, managers, and executives.
Required Work Schedule:
Sunday – Saturday rotating 12 hour shifts, 6 am – 6 pm or 6 pm – 6 am.
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Must meet physical requirements identified in work screen protocol (Pod A) ; visual acuity corrected to 20/40; must pass Ishihara Color Assessment and receive a minimum of average/normal color vision score on the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hues and D-15.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.