The Corporate Controller is responsible for Inland’s Accounting, Internal Controls, Treasury, Risk Management, Tax, Regulatory Compliance and Financial Forecasting and Analysis. The Corporate Controller also assists the Estimating & Costing and Planning & Inventory Control functions and Mergers & Acquisition activities. The Corporate Controller will also be responsible for the development of his or her team focusing on maximizing individual potential. This position is further responsible for supporting and developing sound relationships with internal (Operations, Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing, and management at all levels of the organization) and external groups (Customers, Vendors, Board of Advisors, etc.). This position will challenge existing processes and streamline or develop new ones where appropriate to facilitate future growth of the business while driving value throughout the organization. This position will assist in making sure all of Inland’s allocated resources are delivering the appropriate value.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
– Drives the forecasting and analysis process to ensure maximized resource allocation.
– Drives our culture to utilize data, analysis, and metrics in support of decision-making and resource allocation.
– Oversees the activities of Inland’s Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information including internal monthly financial statements and annual internal and external audits.
– Responds to CFO and management as assigned with accurate and timely financial data to facilitate business decisions.
– Oversees accounting and financial systems, procedures, controls, and reports necessary for recording financial transactions, control of assets, financial information, and preparation of tax returns and regulatory filings. Reviews all financial information for accuracy and completeness.
– Leads the accounts payable, cash receipts and disbursements, billing, and collection functions.
– Coordinates month-end and year-end closing process, including but not limited to Syspro balancing, journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, and monthly reporting package and analysis.
-Assists in improving the financial acumen of Inland leaders at all levels.
– Leads credit approval process on potential and existing customers.
– Leads the audits of company accounts and assists external auditors with preparation of audited financial statements and tax returns.
– Leads Inland’s treasury functions including but not limited to banking relationships, operating and credit card accounts, negotiates credit card rebates, maintains loan agreements, manages line of credit, and negotiates new debt instruments.
– Establishes and maintains systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
– Supports risk management, including but not limited to insurance coverage, broker relationships, and company-wide risk plan/mitigation plan.
– Leads tax and regulatory efforts. Complies with all tax and regulatory rules and regulations at lowest cost allowed.
– Performs employee management responsibilities including recruitment, training, planning, assigning and directing work, succession planning, etc.
– Prioritizes, schedules and delegates daily assignments and projects while facilitating process improvement projects in an effort to streamline the accounting and finance department processes.
– Assists CFO in delivering on M&A strategy.
Creating a Culture of Trust – Fostering a work environment that encourages people to act with integrity and treat each other and their ideas with respect; creating and protecting a high-trust environment by setting an example, advocating for others in the face of challenges, removing barriers to trust and rewarding others for demonstrating behaviors that cultivate trust.
Inspiring Others and Driving for Results (Team) – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress towards goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction for that achievement and continuous improvement. Motivating individuals toward higher levels of performance that are aligned with the organization’s vision and values.
Building Talent and Sharing Responsibility (Delegating) – Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can fulfill current and future job responsibilities more effectively. Sharing authority and responsibilities with others to move decision making and accountability downward through the organization to stretch individual capabilities.
Essential skills and experience:
– 5-10 years management/leadership experience in a fast-paced customer centric environment
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
– Must be analytical, innovative, and decisive.
– Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial control concepts to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
– Communicates in a professional manner with all levels of internal and external customers. The Corporate Controller must relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
– Ability to develop productive relationships and communicate effectively with management, peers, plant personnel, suppliers and customers
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Nonessential skills and experience:
– Advance degree in Business or related field
– Knowledge of Syspro ERP Software
– CPA Certification
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments
Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, regulatory agencies, employees, team members, and managers
Required Work Schedule:
– Typically works a minimum of standard weekly business hours
– Must be flexible for meetings and responsibilities outside of standard business hours, including weekends
– Some travel and overnight trips are required for connecting with all facilities and acquisition events. Excluding an M&A event, overnight travel would be approximately 5-8 days a year. – Facts and circumstances of the business may change that amount.
– Generally sedentary
– 20/40 corrected vision
– No unusual physical requirements are necessary
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.