The Technical Label Application Specialist provides expertise and guidance, specific to quality and customer satisfaction, to all of Inland’s internal and external customers. As a company technical expert, this position will be responsible for overseeing new product qualifications, new equipment startups, quality reviews, and training at the customer sites via in person or through the use of technology. While partnering with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and Operations, the Technical Label Application Specialist will assist customers in resolving packaging and label quality related issues and improving production and efficiency problems that exist. This position is responsible for providing customers with excellent technical customer service while ensuring complete satisfaction. While interacting both internally and externally, this position must ensure that Inland’s principles are maintained, and product integrity is preserved.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
– Collaborates with external customers, suppliers and Inland’s internal departments on quality related projects and serves as a technical resource to formulate problem resolutions.
– Functions as Inland’s label application technical expert and listens closely to the needs of internal and external customers to resolve quality and/or label performance related issues.
– Investigates customer complaints while collaborating with members of internal departments to troubleshoot and develop new product and process designs.
– Documents and communicates customer feedback to Operations, Engineering, QA, Marketing, and Sales in an effort to continuously improve internal processes and products that will enhance our Customer’s experiences.
– Assists in achieving quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifies and resolves problems; completes audits; determines system improvements; and implements change.
– Supports new products and new customers through the qualification processes while ensuring products meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
– Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, process, company, system and compliance, audits.
– Prepares quality documentation, including detailed reports after customer visits, by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls and corrective actions.
– Documents technical and customer information to facilitate and maintain effective business relationships.
– Continuously works to build skill sets to become and maintain a solution expert in the label and packaging industry.
– Gathers market intelligence and documents collected information in provided tools and/or databases to assist in company growth. Identifies potential product/service sales opportunities at customer sites and provides information to the internal teams.
– Works closely with internal and external customers on functional and design aspects to achieve optimal performance on both machinery and containers.
– Working with Quality and Operational Leadership, to help design and communicate training and development opportunities for quality assurance and operation’s personnel.
Building Partnerships – Developing and leveraging relationships within and across work groups, as well as outside the organization, to achieve results
Earning Trust – Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenges.
Driving for Results (Self) – Setting high goals for personal accomplishment that align with organizational projects and expected outcomes; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction for that achievement and continuous improvement.
Essential skills and experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Chemical, or Materials) and/or STEM-related field
– 3 years’ experience in label application or related packaging application field and/or a combination of work experience and education
– Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
– Strong understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, and controls systems on a wide variety of label application equipment
– General understanding of materials, application, and troubleshooting techniques utilized for shrink, pressure sensitive, IML and glue-applied labels
– Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% of work schedule, including travel to multiple locations within a select region of the US and Canada
– Strong continuous improvement and problem-solving skills
– Understanding of analytical testing methodology
– Ability to analyze a variety of data and develop conclusions/action plans
– Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
– Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office tools as well as project management tools (ex. Gantt timelines)
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
Nonessential skills and experience:
– Advanced degree in a STEM-related field of study
– Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, Kaizen (Lean Manufacturing)
– PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification
– Knowledge of the food packaging industry
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments. Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, employees, managers and executives.
Required Work Schedule:
– Serving as the Technical Label Application Specialist, your weekly work schedule may depend on your travel arrangements and customer schedules. Must have the availability and willingness to travel up to 50% of work week and flexible to accommodate customer visit requests. This position requires travel to multiple locations within the US and Canada.
– Typically works standard business hours, Monday through Friday. On some occasions, may be required to travel on a weekend to be at a customer location on a Monday morning or late on a Friday evening.
– Generally sedentary
– 20/40 corrected vision
– No unusual physical requirements are necessary
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.