Website Great Lakes Graphics Association
The Great Lakes Graphics Association seeks a dynamic individual to grow/retain Association membership in Illinois.
The Illinois State Director position requires a high level of skill and competency and the ability to work with limited supervision and to make duty-related decisions. The Illinois State Director must be detail oriented and capable of meeting simultaneous and frequent deadlines. Excellent interpersonal skills and an aptitude for working with and relating to a wide variety of personalities are of utmost importance. A professional demeanor is expected at all times, with a strong work ethic and high energy and enthusiasm. Frequent additional hours are possible.
The primary function of the Illinois State Director position is to perform outreach to existing organization members and potential members to build a working relationship to provide for membership retention and future organization membership growth. The Illinois State Director will also solicit feedback from members and potential members to assist the Communications Director and Membership Engagement Director to help create a superior membership experience in the organization. The Illinois State Director will also provide support and promotion for organization functions in the state.
Responsibilities of the Illinois State Director include, but are not limited, to:
- Build working relationships with existing and potential members in the state of Illinois to increase the size of the organization and participation in organization programs and events. This includes face-to-face meetings with members and not-yet members.
- Responsible for selling memberships and services to potential members and retaining existing organization members.
- Assist in the creation and management of education seminars, events and programs in the state of Illinois that will increase value and knowledge to members and non-members. This includes programs such as the awards program, golf outings, education seminars, Focus Forums, etc.; Responsible for the on-site event and/or program coordinator for each Illinois-specific event and/or meeting.
- Assist in the promotion of organization events and programs.
- Responsible for the collection of accurate information to provide the organization with accurate contacts and contact information.
- Regularly network in the print community by attending organization and related association events as an association representative.
- Maintain relationships with associate members to help promote greater participation in events and sponsorships.
- Assist in member communications including responding to member and potential member queries; Work with Association staff to resolve issues and improve member and potential member customer service needs.
- Plan and manage meetings with Illinois elected and appointed officials for the benefit of improving the business climate in Illinois and preventing harmful legislation and regulation from adversely affecting members. Organize members and potential members for the benefit of advancing the organization’s government relation efforts in the state of Illinois.
- Provide phone duties as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have solid sales/customer service experience and the ability to communicate effectively with print professionals. The position will work remotely and live in Illinois. THe Illinois Director reports directly to the president of the organization. Competitive salary and benefits provided.
All interested parties should send their resume and relevant experience/references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com