Website Fineline Printing Group
The Variable Data & Postal Manager is responsible for effectively leading and executing complex variable data print projects & complex document composition solutions including statements, forms, & direct mail pieces using document management and variable data to satisfy business and customer requirements. This role is also responsible for postal preparation, data-cleansing, and postal document preparation for daily mailing jobs.
This role will also work directly with customers to understand needs and how to implement into document applications while also providing technical guidance for file preparation, submission and HIPAA requirements. In addition, this role will meet with and be the technical liaison to explain and communicate customer requirements to other team members.
Key Job Responsibilities / Results:
- Serve as internal expert and implementation manager for variable data template creation and postal processing utilizing FusionPro and BCC software.
- Set up automation for daily files.
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management.
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards.
- Develop and administer automation training for subordinates.
- Prepare and cleanse data for mailing requirements including personalization and postal presorting using Mail Manager software.
- Serve as postal regulations resource for internal & external customers. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of postal regulations.
- Serve as in-house expert on mail piece design. Consult with internal and external customers in this regard.
- Understand the process of CASS certification, presorting and inkjet print preparation.
- Verify and check proper weights, rates, sizes and qualifications required by the USPS guidelines.
- Generate USPS reports, internal reports and customer specific listings.
- Use InDesign and Adobe Acrobat along with FusionPro variable data software to manage variable data print projects & templates, including digital page layout & image manipulation, & preflighting.
- Write rules, scripts, and data transformations in FusionPro to accommodate conditional tasks.
- Spool outputs appropriate to imaging devices (inkjet & digital presses)
- Communicate with Production Manager about status of work and any issues with work in progress.
- Utilize 2D barcode symbologies
- Maintain and support previously built workflows.
- Experience with print automation software, like Prinergy, for job creation, proofing and imposition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountability – Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results, setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Client Focus – Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organizational needs.
- Mutual Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Managing Conflict – Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Continuous Improvement – Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes, identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas and implementing solutions.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Follows procedures, ensures high-quality output, takes action.
- Results-Oriented – Knowing what results are most important to achieving overall department and organizational goals and organizing resources to accomplish them. Setting high goals for group accomplishments and using measurement methods to monitor progress; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from achievement and continuous improvement.
Required Education and Experience
Required – High School diploma
Desired – Four (4) year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum five (5) years’ experience in USPS regulations, variable data processing, document composition programming with one or more of the following applications: FusionPro, XMPie, Prinergy or similar
A firm understanding of United States postal rules and regulations, data processing experience utilizing BCC Mail Manager, and Variable Letter programming leveraging PTI FusionPro with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Experience with mail presort software including BCC Mail Manager, PostalSoft or similar
Knowledge of various print streams including postscript and PDF
Understanding of & ability to handle HIPAA data with high accuracy
Excellent communication skills, including the demonstration of tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Must have knowledge of printing terminology and basic print specifications including margins, bleeds, etc.
Competitive Benefits Package:
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Health Savings Account
Company Paid Group Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Company Paid Holidays
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org