We won't ask for your business, unless we can improve it.
The Commercial Print Estimator is responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the Estimating department including estimating material and production costs for jobs in the business service lines, which include offset & digital printing, wide format, inventory management & fulfillment, & mailing. Secondarily, the Estimator is expected to serve as a cross-functional team member responsible for purchasing responsibilities.
Key Job Responsibilities / Results Estimator:
· Provide exceptional customer service to internal staff of Account Managers. Meet or exceed monthly metrics as defined by Fineline. Goal of less than 5% estimate error rate, estimate turn time of 24 hours or 48 hours if an outside buy.
· Ensure that all jobs are estimated within the company’s set goals.
· Understand the standard cost estimating system and conduct semi-annual reviews with Management to make any updates as agreed upon. Monitor materials and spoilage to ensure up-to-date costs are being supplied and estimated.
· Use Metrix software to produce the most cost-effective estimates.
· Advise and guide internal Account Managers and Senior Account Managers when necessary as to specifications of a job.
· Add value to each job by offering options and or cost savings by suggesting alternative stocks or finishing techniques.
· Consult with the Purchasing department to maintain a list of quality approved and competitive suppliers and their current price lists. Review list semi-annually.
· Build a healthy and effective relationship with all vendors in order to create clear communication of expectations.
· Consult with department managers when necessary to determine the most cost-effective way to produce jobs.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all new equipment and services in house and external.
· Provide feedback and serve as integral part of team to make continual improvements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org