Website Craftline Graphics Inc - Premiere coloring book printer!
Commercial printer of coloring and activity books
Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports to: VP Operations
Hours: Monday-Friday, and as needed to meet customer needs
Craftline Graphics is a commercial printer making coloring and activity books for national and international retailers. We have been in business for more than 30 years, located in Fort Wayne, IN. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce.
The primary responsibilities of the maintenance manager are to keep all equipment at optimal performance, assist with installation of new equipment and manage assign and assist staff to best meet those responsibilities. The maintenance manager will always act to assure the highest level of personal performance possible, will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals and will help Craftline Graphics achieve its goal of exceeding customers’ expectations.
The position is responsible for the supervision of all staff assigned to the maintenance operation. Such supervision will include coaching, training, and motivating employees as well as assuring employees follow Craftline Graphic’s rules and policies as stated in the handbook.
The maintenance manager will report to and receive direction and guidance from the VP of Operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintains staffing levels, approves vacation and personal days based on policy and workload
· Maintains only needed staff. Manages down to the lowest practical staffing level to control costs and motivate continuous improvement.
· Establishes and maintains employee morale and pride in the company
· Maintains and monitors departments efficiency
· Approves payroll hours weekly
· Ensures that proper personnel forms are completed accurately and on time.
· Encourages employee involvement and solicits employee suggestions
· Disciplines employees consistently and fairly using progressive discipline
· Responsible for the safety of each employee
· Provides a safe, clean, and orderly work area
· Communicates regarding necessary supply of all departmental consumables is maintained
· Ensures that a qualified substitute has been trained and is able to fill in your absence
· Maintains excellent intra-departmental coordination and insures teamwork
· Assists departments in their efforts to devises methods of work simplification, process improvement and cost reductions
· Remains technically current in areas of expertise and financially evaluates new systems and equipment
· Completely orients new employees
· Performs other duties as assigned by the VP Operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Good documenting, process measuring and communication skills. Working knowledge of PC as well as spreadsheet and word processing software. Thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and HVAC repairs.
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Lift up to 40 lbs., bend/twist/grasp/kneel without assistance, stand through a shift
Five years of experience in a printing company with related maintenance experience
Full understanding of pre-press, press, bindery equipment and systems
Excellent knowledge of electrical motors
Excellent knowledge programmable logic controllers
Excellent knowledge of Polly’s, belts, shafts, and bearings
Excellent knowledge of preventative maintenance techniques and procedures
Excellent knowledge of the maintenance departments computer inventory system of spare parts and supplies
Working knowledge of computer networks and cabling
Medical/dental/vision insurance after 30 days; 401(k); paid vacation and personal time; 8 paid holidays
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org