Website Case Paper Co of Illinois
We're On The Case!
We’re on a roll so we’re hiring! And if you give a “sheet” about paper then that’s a great start (especially if you can tolerate other tearable puns). Case Paper is a family-owned business that is renowned for its commitment to extreme customer satisfaction. We’re literally and figuratively “On the Case” and have been for 80 years.
Case Paper is one of the largest privately held distributors and converters of paper and board for the printing and packaging industries. We’re not talking copier paper (think more about paper used for signage, brochures, or direct mail) and not the cardboard that carries your Amazon Prime orders (our products are used more for packaging cosmetics, food, technology, and cannabis to name a few). Our core values are (1) Flexible, (2) Own It, (3) Reputation Matters, (4) Teamwork and (5) Humor. It’s easy to remember if you’re a Star Wars fan…may the “F.O.R.T.H.” be with you! We are always looking for those who can aspire to improve our workplace atmosphere through honest hard work, a great attitude, a little bit of curiosity, and a big sense of humor.
Here at Case Paper, our inside sales department does many of the things you would expect. We talk to customers, we quote and enter orders, we work with production schedules and track shipments, and we address problems should they come up. When it is all said and done, we “Own It”! Our sales structure consists of territories made up of regional account managers and their customers, serviced by one or more of our manufacturing facilities. Each inside sales- service specialist works within a set of assigned Case Paper account managers and corresponding customers. Being in the trenches each day gives our inside teams visibility to the overall picture to facilitate and check pricing, assign inventory, and work together with production and shipping departments to get the product to our customers on time. Our purpose/cause/passion- “We get it done – right”. An enhanced inside sales team means being able to make decisions to fulfill our purpose. We are also mindful of our three uniques- Responsive, Reliable, and Resourceful, as well as our customer guarantee- “You’re gonna love us (or “like” if commitment isn’t your thing).
. If that’s not specific enough for you, try this list on for size:
· Work with account managers to understand customer needs and to fulfill customer inquiries for pricing, availability, and delivery status.
· Price sheet maintenance
· Inventory programs
· New projects
· Provide accurate information in a timely manner, collaborating as a team.
· Answers for customer
· Market information
· Customer feedback
· Verify proper inventory is allocated for customer orders and pricing is correct.
· Work with production scheduling to meet delivery expectations.
· Actively own customer orders, beginning to end.
· Offering options to meet customer needs.
· Participate in training opportunities for products or services.
· Gain experience in production processes- internal and external
· Assist customers with quality issues.
· Assist with customer sample requests.
· Work with other team members to provide customer back-up and cross-training.
· Follow Case Paper Core Process — Inside Sales
· Ability to work proactively without high levels of supervision.
· Solid verbal and written communication skills with customers, suppliers, and Management.
· Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring quick resolution to challenging situations that result in continuous improvement.
· May include site visits to customers and/or Case divisions. Meets company auto insurance liability requirements.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Do you have what it takes?
We’re ideally looking for a teammate with at least three (3) years of relevant work experience in field sales, paper-mill understanding and paper sales. It would be super if you had experience in a manufacturing environment and even better if you have worked in analytical roles. We’d love it if you’ve had previous management or leadership experience. This experience will help you to move quickly up the learning curve (we will avoid any tired clichés like “hit the ground running”).
You’ll impress us if you have a college degree in business, sales, marketing or related field -OR- if you have commensurate work experience in related discipline(s) and/or relevant certifications. Your background should provide you with the tools and ideas you need to be successful in a highly analytical and detail-oriented role. While this is a high-level contributor position, we value the hard work, experience, curiosity, and best practices you can bring from other positions and workplaces, with or without formal education.
As the philosopher Napoleon Dynamite astutely recognized, skills are important. Here are some of the skills you just might need in this role:
· Have a friendly, can-do attitude and enjoy working with people in a team environment.
· Have a willingness to learn and have an open mindset.
· Be responsive and resourceful to get the job done – right!
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Have experience in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
· Experience with IBM’s Power 9 (AS400) platform is a benefit.
· Ability to solve basic and mid-level mathematical calculations.
· Prior customer service, inside/outside sales experience, and/or experience in a production – logistics atmosphere with customer-based interactions.
· Paper board and/or packaging experience
· Proficiency with a CRM to manage customer accounts and your calendar of events.
· Microsoft Suite product knowledge including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· The ability to work in teams and autonomously, providing self-direction when needed.
· Solid written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
· A good sense of humor
Lastly, some other job details: You’ll need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship to throw you hat into the ring for this one. This job is located in Philadelphia. While we’re open to all candidates, we’re not offering any relocation benefits at this time (sad face). This is our first whack at this job description, so the final job might be subject to some changes. Hey, that’s what being flexible is all about!
All Sound Good? Here is the Silver Lining
At Case Paper, we value diversity and welcome all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, family status. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, personal time, and sick leave, as well as multiple options for medical and dental insurance. We also offer optional life, short-term disability, long-term disability, and accident insurance. But most important, you’ll have a chance to make awesome products and work with fantastic people who are great at what they do!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com