Job Summary: Responsible for set-up, operation and maintenance of saddle stitchers, ink jet imagers, wafer sealers and other bindery equipment.
- Reviews and interprets job instructions and makes decisions on stitching methods.
- Performs all aspects of saddle stitcher and other bindery equipment set-up.
- Performs all aspects of routine equipment maintenance such as but not limited to: knife changing, minor stitch head maintenance, greasing and lubricating equipment.
- Monitor production to ensure on-time delivery and accurately completes production records (time sheets, job tickets).
- Ensure that required quality control procedures are being followed.
- Notify supervisor of any problems with the machinery and/or material.
- Able to keep machines and work area clean and orderly.
- Understands and follows proper safety procedures regarding operation of all bindery equipment.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Must have knowledge of Heidelberg, Muller or McCain saddle stitchers or similar equipment. Demonstrates good mathematical and measurement skills. Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up. Demonstrate the ability to operate and set-up stitchers accurately and make the correct adjustments when necessary. Must show reliability through attendance, punctuality and attention to work. Cooperates with co-workers and supervisors. Demonstrates positive safety knowledge and attitude. Performs good housekeeping. Overtime and weekend work will be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com