Website Arandell Corporation
The Vice President/Manufacturing is responsible for production of all orders accepted by the company and to meet or exceed customer agreed schedules and quality expectations while managing departments using key metrics and accountability to drive production at the lowest possible unit cost. Department staffing is to be maintained at the minimum level possible to achieve specified results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time:
- Ensure continuous improvement through analyzing operations and financial strategies and collaborating with peers to recognize and/or create opportunities and operational efficiencies on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Partner with sales to ensure alignment of production to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Communicate with IT, Supply Chain Logistics and other operations team leadership to identify system infrastructure improvements that will improve operational efficiency and production.
- Engage in vendor selection process, negotiation of pricing and services and relationship management with critical suppliers (i.e., ink, paper, equipment) and engage other departments as needed.
- Continually develops department managers to operate the department with minimal supervision, encouraging innovation and team building leadership skills to ensure a succession plan is in place for future opportunities.
- Coach, teach and train department managers to make all day-to-day operating decisions and to interact with customer service representatives, customers, and other managers.
- Establishes an environment which will facilitate open, honest management techniques and high service orientation.
- Identify technology and systems to manage the business as effectively as possible and stay informed of technology advances for future enhancement.
- Provide key production metrics to track all budgeted costs, and enable managers to monitor their performance against budget.
- Consults and provides input to Human Resources Department regarding labor contract negotiation and administration and personnel related matters.
- Enforces all plant and OSHA procedures including performing all duties safely and in accordance with all work and safety rules and established work and industry practices.
- Maintains a positive customer relations approach towards visitors, customers, and employees.
- Primary focus of all business related efforts are and must remain that of promoting excellence in all Arandell products.
- Proactively protects our community and reduces our footprint on our environment by keeping focus on continually improving our products and environmental programs.
- Asset management responsibilities to include capital expenditures requests/ROIs, planning, selection and prioritization of production equipment/systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B. S. Degree – Graphic Arts Management preferred.
- Seven plus years’ experience in offset printing – Bindery, Press, PreMedia preferred.
- Previous experience in a union facility strongly desired.
- Requires strong results driven leadership skills.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires persuasive skills and the ability to be assertive along with strong negotiation skills.
To apply for this job email your details to MJZamiatowski@arandell.com