Website Arandell Corporation
People, Paper, Planet
The Press Assistant I is an entry level role in our Pressroom department. As the Press Assistant I you will gain skills and experience to progress within the department through assisting and supporting with a variety of responsibilities in the production of our product. You will be responsible for the jogging and piling of loads and ensuring that quality products are being produced by the press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ON THE A-TEAM:
- Sets up semi-automatic and automatic equipment that assists in stocking press products on skids.
- Remove printed materials from the press, stack bundles onto skids, and move loads to the staging area.
- Perform press duties such as webbing up the press, changing ink, hanging plates, changing and cleaning blankets, and cleaning up ink, oil, or water spills.
- Maintain good housekeeping in press area.
- Mount blankets, plates, and rolls.
- Maintain daily supply of rags and chemicals, ensuring sponge buckets remain clean.Per
- form quality checks of printed materials.
- Maintain a positive customer relations approach towards visitors, customers, and employees.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Mechanical aptitude to operate and maintain a wide variety of web press equipment.
- Previous forklift experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use and read a ruler and perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to read, write and communicate.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Stands, stoops, and walks most of the day. Frequent use of hands to type, finger, handle, grasp or touch objects and tools.
- Frequently is required to talk or listen.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee works indoors in both office and production environments. Additionally, the incumbent will work near moving mechanical parts and in high places. He/she will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. There is moderate noise in the work environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Company paid life insurance policy
- 3% 401(K) company contribution
- Employee assistance program
- TelaDoc services
Arandell is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. Arandell does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Arandell also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on these protected categories.
To apply for this job please visit www.arandell.com.