Website American Printing Company
Our People Make the Difference!
Job Summary: Effectively and efficiently perform finishing operations in Bindery using a variety of equipment such as cutters, folders, die press, stitchers, and shrink wrapper. Also assist with hand operations as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Perform accurate make-ready and operation of bindery machines based on instructions from the job ticket. Machines include: cutters, folders, die press, stitcher, and shrink wrapper.
- When completing make-ready sign off on the quality control sheet and do a double check with a co-worker or manager for approval.
- Perform maintenance on bindery machines such as lubrication and replacement of parts.
- Assist co-workers when needed on machines.
- Obtain forklift certification to operate pallet jacks, both manual and electric, forklift, and Toppy for moving jobs on skids.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Trade/vocational school preferred, High School diploma/equivalency required
- 2-4 years previous bindery experience is helpful, but we will train
- Ability to operate pallet jacks, both manual and electric
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills
- Ability to perform basic computer/data entry skills and learn new technology/equipment
- Ability to read/communicate effectively & understand job ticket specifications/ instructions
- Ability to apply problem solving in a team atmosphere as well as individually
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet customer demands
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and schedules
- Requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying materials up to 40 pounds; occasionally up to 60 pounds
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com