Need 3rd shift operator for our high quality and high speed imaging equipment for various types of Variable Data Print.Shift 11:30 PM to 8:00 AM Sunday to Thursday
The ideal candidate must have some PC knowledge and an eye for detail. Previous production experience preferred. Experience with Xerox and IBM laser printers or iGen experience a plus. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate various imaging equipment to produce a high quality imaged product that meets job specifications.P
- Prepare for the job run time by reviewing the job specifications and make adjustments to the equipment to provide a sample of the finished product.
- Use computer keyboard, onscreen selections and paperwork, set up the job following job order instructions.
- Identify paper stock, identify box piece code, etc. and match to sample.
- Load materials/paper, select or set up form template/Queue, run batch, remove processed material and unused stock.
- Visually inspect and color match the forms to samples throughout run time to ensure they meet specifications and quality.
- Quality check both blank and finished product for quality issues, alert leads or management for quality issues.
- Verify job instructions and output for quantity and accuracy, alert lead/management when issues in either arise.
- Clerical functions include maintenance of daily print job production logs and creation of delivery manifests.
- Other tasks assigned.
Abilities, Skills and Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED, and experience working in a production/manufacturing environment. Print experience preferred.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Know or able to learn concepts of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write brief notes.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations management or other employees.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to learn or know and understand the imaging systems for Xerox and IBM and do some preventative maintenance. Able to determine the extent of a problem, using the check sheets and know whether to notify a technician.
- Some knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance helpful.
- Regularly lifting up to 50 pounds, walking/standing 6-7 hours per day on average, bending/stooping 2-3 hours per day, some kneeling and crouching. Good vision skills required including close vision, able to identify and distinguish colors.
- Able to work independently, without consistent managerial oversight.
We have a stimulating work environment, advancement opportunities and a competitive compensation and benefit package. Candidate must pass an extensive background check.
A.B. Data, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Xerox Nuvera; Xerox DocuPrint; Xerox 700i; Monochrome Continuous Form Equipment 600
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org